So this week, we were challenged with a task related to personal wellness every day this week. And today’s was being grateful. So I decided to write a list of many (not all, the list is TOOOOO long!) of the things that I am grateful for. Here are the major ones:
- First and foremost I am soooo grateful for the gospel. I have absolutely no idea where I would be without it. It has given me so much peace. So much comfort. So much joy. In times of dark, it was the only light, the one things that I could count on to keep me from wandering into the abyss. Every aspect of it just fills me with love and joy. The power of the priesthood, the prophet who gives us counsel today, father’s blessings which give me guidance, my patriarchial blessing which gives me hope, church which is a great way to begin each week, missionaries which give up 1.5-2 years of their lives fully to the ministry of the Lord, the Book of Mormon which is the most true and wonderful book in the world, the temple so that I can be sealed to my family forever, and sooo much more. The gospel, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is amazing.
- My family. Once again, I don’t know where I would be without them. My parents are awesome. Supportive, but not controling. I can talk to my mom about anything and she won’t judge. She gives me advice, but lets me make my own decisions. Whenever I need a good laugh, or my day has just been bad, all I need to do is spend time with my dad. He makes me feel good. My siblings are also awesome. Cute, loving, and unique. They look up to me, and I look up to them. We have so much fun. They are my best friends. I am also grateful for all of my extended family. Grandma and Grandpa for letting me come over and be silly. Aunts who do my hair =]. Aunts and Uncles who let me do laundry at their house. Aunts and uncles who feed me and sing with me. My family is awesome.
- Growing up, I was shaped by my amazing friends. Because my family moved around, I have had the opportunity to meet so many amazing people growing up. Many of my friends that I have had have really influenced me. I love them all. I wish that I could name them all. However, here is a list of the ones that have really made a difference in my life: Brittany: My oldest best friend. We met in diaper days. Even just knowing that you were still my friend was often comfort for me. When I felt lost in MT, I just remembered that you were there even though you were far away. We have had many, many good times. Easters, Halloweens, playing with barbies, Harry Potter, camping, efy, etc. We had so much fun. Chelese: 3-6th grade was so fun! You were such a good example and so fun! Kayla: You took me in when I was new and you made me feel like I was wanted. We became fast and best friends. Though we have had our tough times, I won’t forget the friendship we had. Hannah: You never gave up on me. Even though I have no idea where you are right now, or what you are doing with your life, I think of you every now and then. Andrea: Remember playing Harry Potter every time we got together!? It was sooooo fun. I was always having fun when I was with you and kayla. Remember how we totally predicted that Tonks and Lupin would get together!? Ha ha… Cathryn: I love you so much. You are such a thoughtful person, and often put other’s needs before your own. You are talented and wonderful. Thanks for being patient with me. And singing with me 😉 Morgan: You are so crazy! You are not afraid to be you, and that really helped me come out of my shell and not be so reserved. We have had sooo many crazy adventures, and I will remember every one! I have seen the person you have become and I am so proud of you! Briggs: You are so dang popular and everone’s best friend. Hope you know that you were one of mine too =] I could totally be myself around you and you were so, just… you. Ha ha. Keenan: BILL AND TED’S! Ha ha, we had some gooood times! Dana: You were always so kind to me and tried to make me feel included. You are one of the sweetest, most, down-to-earth people I know. You have been a very good example to me. Karen: you were a very good freshman roommate. You helped me through some of my darkest times. You were wacky and crazy and fun. You also helped me come out of my shell. Cierra: You always have great advice. You are also very smart and totally fun to be around. Adelaide: Oh my dear Adelaide. Ha ha so so many good times freshman year. And even now. Remember our lists? And our dances? And quote wall? I love spending time with you. Jeannine: Thanks for being so patient. We are so different, but we don’t let those differences get in our way and our friendship can thrive on them. We have been through much, and you have supported me in some of my darkest times. Thomas: back in the day, you knew so much about me. I felt like I could tell you anything and you would still care for me just the same. Thanks for not being judgemental. 96.5 boys: You boys were awesome. Ha ha. And how I miss you. You are all (save one) missionaries right now. And Being so good and serving the lord. Thanks for being my friends and making me feel like I belonged to something special. Jessica: We bonded over sprinkles. You have always been such a good listening ear with realistic advice. Thanks for being there for me. Erica: I feel like I could go on and on and on. But, I will leave it with three simple words felt from the very bottom of my heart: I love you. Stephen: You have always been so… confusing. But you are ridiculous (in a good way) and genuine. Thank you for letting us crash your house this summer. It was one of the best times I have ever had. Also, thanks for the sunday talks last year. Those were cool. Bryan: you have always been very supportive. I loved spending time with you and talking with you and just being with you. I miss seeing you all the time! Eldon: ha ha. We’ve been through so much! First married, then you were my dad, then you just tore the whole family up! But really, I love talking with you and being with you. I also love your laugh. Hirally: DROVER!!! Enough said. Hailee: You are sooo fun! When I felt all alone, you were there and we chat and realize we have a lot in common. Anthony: Talking to you is so fun. You have a lot to say. But you are a really good person. And you have a sweet motorcycle.
Other friends that have meant a lot to me (in chronological order): Amy Barnes, Rachel Peterson, Rio Hawes, Nick Cash, Jess Danner, Cassy, Melissa Call, Kendra, Josie Meis, Elle, Ceri Weaver, Chris Nicolay, Lexie Amundson, Tanner Hardy, Paul Wilding, Matt Bryant, Niles Tanner, Ryan Jenkins, Ryan Richey, Steven Loveland, Jeff Budge, Stephanie Rogers, Jon Scott, Isaac Moucatel, Kevin, Michael, Sean Good, David, Jordan, Jill, Rachel, Kirsten, JJ, Andrew, Missy, Twitch, Jason, Brian, the list literally could go on and on.
Thank you to all who has made my life worth living.
4. This world would not be complete without music. I am grateful for music in this world. I am grateful for my voice, that I can sing. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to also learn clarinet and piano. I love listening to all kinds of music. I am slightly in love with Josh Groban. And David Archuleta. I am having a hard time deciding which one to marry. I just might marry them both.
5. I am also so grateful for my body. It is such an amazing amazing thing. I was able to go to a cadaver lab with Hillary last year and as she was explaining the different body parts and showing them to me and how they work, I was just amazed at how intricate and complex and absolutely miraculous it is. So many things go on in our body just so that we can do all the things that we do. It is so amazing.
These things and so many more are the things at the top of my thankful list. I would be utterly lost without everything on here. I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for everything. He has given me sooo much.